Confession of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
(II Tim. 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-2:1, Is. 55:11, Rev. 3:7; 21:5)
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(Gen. 1:1, Deut. 4:35, Matt. 5:4″, 28:19, Mk. 1:10-11, Jn. 1:1-2, 14, I Cor. 2:14-16)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross, a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
(Phil. 2:6-11, Jn. 2:1-11, Lk. 1:35, 4:2, 8:22-25, Rom. 5:12-21, Matt. 28:10, 18, Heb. 9:11-15)
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age, to convict men of sin, regenerate sinners, and indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
(Jn. 6:44, 16:7-8 I Cor. 2:14-16, Eph:13-14)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can he obtain salvation and spiritual life.
(Gen. 1:27, 3:1-24, Ps. 51:5-11, Zech. 13:1, Rom. 3:23, 6:23, Jn. 3:1-12, II Cor. 5:17, Titus 3:5)
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe. Only those who receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become children of God.
(Jn. 3:3-18, Rom. 5:8, 12-21, 6:22, 8:1-2, 10:9-10, I Cor. 15:1-8, 12-28, I Jn. 1:9)
- We believe that only those who are members of the true Church are eligible for membership in the local church.
(Eph. 1:22-23, I Cor. 12:12-13, 27).
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church. Under Christ, every local church has the right to decide and govern its own affairs. (Eph. 1:22, Titus 1:5, I Tim. 3:1-12)
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and united together in the Body of Christ of which He is head. (Eph. 1:22, 3:10-21, 5:23-32, Heb. 12:23, Rev. 21-22)
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during this present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation.
(I Cor. 11:23-26, Matt. 28:18-20, I Peter 3:20-22)
- We believe in the personal, premillennial, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ. This blessed hope has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of each believer.
(Rev. 20:4-6, 21-22, Matt. 24:21, Dan. 9:24-27, I Thess. 4:16-17, Rev. 3:10, Matt. 24-25, Rom. 8:19-25, I Cor. 1:7, Phil. 4:5, Titus 2:13, James 5:8-9, Jude 21)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead; of the believers to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; and of the unbelievers to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment.
(Matt. 25:41-43, 46, Rev. 20:10-15, Eph. 1:3-13)